Test Fee is $9. We Accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. No Bills Larger than a $20.
Below are some tips that will speed up your testing experience.
- Have your payment and vehicle registration ready for the inspector
- Leave your pets at home. Although your pets may be friendly, a testing center can be a scary place for them
- Check the license plate on the back of the vehicle to make sure that your tags are expiring
- A passing test is good for 90-days, so plan early. There are long waits at the end of the month
- Make sure that your vehicle has a gas cap. A gas cap is required equipment. It must be the correct type for your vehicle and be in place
- For 1995 and older vehicles: Vehicles should be warmed up before testing. Until your vehicle reaches normal operating temperature, it emits excess pollutants. Run your vehicle for at least 15 minutes prior to undergoing an emissions test. Vehicles that are not driven often may experience carbon buildup which may cause them to fail. For those vehicles that are not driven on a regular basis, or are driven only short distances at low speeds, be sure to warm them up for 15 to 30 minutes at highway speeds
- Ensure the integrity of your exhaust system. Excessive exhaust leaks may cause your vehicle to be rejected from the emissions and may be dangerous to the vehicle’s occupants
- On 1996 and newer vehicles: if the “Check Engine” light is illuminated, your vehicle will fail the test
- Click here for a Schedule of Holidays
- Need Locations in Davidson Co ? Nashvillevip.org